Strive for perfection
A self-admitted perfectionist, Kangna has an obsessively meticulous approach to her craft. Explaining her attitude to work, she says, "I first try to visualise the character in a certain way, what her childhood must have been like, how she is feeling at this point. Then I adapt to her state of mind and body language. If you're looking the character, 80 per cent of your job is done. The remaining 20 per cent is your conviction as you speak your lines. You're under those lights and in that frame and the belief that you really do belong to that place and person is important. And that's where the power of your neurons comes in. To put everything together, you have to actually be a psycho and believe your role is your reality - that's how a scene looks convincing. I'll never ever accept defeat as an actor. I'll fight for what I believe in it rather than leave it to destiny. I'm not someone who is in this industry to have an amazing career for four years and then settle down and have children. I'm here for a different place, to do different things, to go far. Rebel is too shallow a word. Fighter describes me much better."