Tips to improve your hair health and appearance
To keep healthy hair looking its best, Dr. Draelos provided the following tips:
1. The less you do to your hair, the better. Avoid over-styling or processing hair.
2. Be sure to wash the scalp, which is where the oil is, and then let shampoo run through the hair. Shampoo is meant to clean the scalp primarily and can damage the hair if overused.
3. Let how oily your scalp is, determine how often you wash your hair. If your scalp is oily, wash hair more frequently than if the scalp was drier.
4. Conditioner should be used on the ends of the hair, not on the scalp, for best results.
5. Pick a shampoo and conditioner based on your hair shape, such as curly or straight, and your hair condition, such as damaged, fine, or frizzy. These products don't need to be expensive to work well for your hair.
6. Wear a hat to protect hair from ultraviolet (UV) radiation.