WHY WE LOVE SPORTS JACKETS
The sports jacket is the most important piece in your wardrobe, because it doesn’t really need an occasion, it doesn’t need to match with anything, it just needs to be worn, day in and day out, until it’s like your second skin.
- Sports jacket don’t require much thinking - A plaid shirt, pink sweater, from corduroys to jeans—it all works.
- Don’t be scared to wash, a little fading or distressing only makes you more trendy.
- The same jacket can be used for dealings in the office and can also help you close the deal at night. Just switch what you pair it with. When in doubt, it’s always a good idea to look for advice from the smoothest of men – the Italians, and they make a statement with their buttons. Brass buttons instantly identify a blazer as preppy - play that up with loafers, a V-neck sweater, and a plaid tie. Gold or mirrored buttons are for the evening, highlight them with a nice shirt, gleaming brogues and a badass watch.
- It’s all about the fit. If it isn’t snug, it isn’t right. Get it tailored (taper the sides, narrow the sleeves)
- To wear a double-breasted jacket unbuttoned, the fit should be as slim as possible; you don't want it billowing out. Feel free to roll up the sleeves, too—it's not that serious.
Navy blazers have been adorning the shoulders of stylish gents for years. For more options see our slideshow.